Each Service policy allows you to self-refer or self-identify for potential alcohol misuse or abuse before an incident happens, so you can start getting help. You have the option to reach to the following for help, per your Service branch’s policy:
- Air Force: Military medical professional or mental health provider, Unit Commander or first sergeant. Find more information in Air Force Instruction 44-121 [PDF 807KB].
- Army: Commander, primary care provider, chaplain, any officer or noncommission officer in their chain of command or other agencies. Find more information in Army Regulation 600-85 [PDF 3.5MB].
- Marine Corps: Substance Abuse Counseling Center. Find more information in Marine Corps Order 5300.17A.
- Coast Guard: Command Drug and Alcohol Representative, Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist, Command, health care provider or Chaplain. Find more information in COMDTINST M1000.10A [PDF 323KB].
- Navy: Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor; Navy drug and alcohol counselor; DOD medical personnel; Fleet and Family Support Center counselor; your Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Officer in Charge or Command Master Chief Petty Officer/ Chief of the Boat; or Chaplain. Find more information in OPNAV Instruction 5350.4D [PDF 3.8MB].
If you still have questions related to medical, find a doctor or MTF using this locator. Or call your regional contractor:
TRICARE® WEST REGION
Health Net Federal Services: 1-844-866-9378
TRICARE® EAST REGION
Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445