Service-Specific Resources

Each Service policy allows you to self-refer or self-identify for potential alcohol misuse or abuse before an incident happens, so you can start getting help. You have the option to reach to the following for help, per your Service branch’s policy:

  • Air Force: Military medical professional or mental health provider, Unit Commander or first sergeant. Find more information in  Air Force Instruction 44-121.
  • Army: Military treatment facility, installation Army Substance Abuse Program, any officer or noncommissioned officer in your chain of command or chaplain. Find more information in  Army Regulation 600-85.
  • Marine Corps: Substance Abuse Counseling Center. Find more information in  Marine Corps Order 5300.17.
  • Coast Guard: Command Drug and Alcohol Representative, Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist, Command, health care provider or Chaplain. Find more information in   COMDTINST M1000.10.
  • Navy: Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor; Navy drug and alcohol counselor; DoD medical personnel; Fleet and Family Support Center counselor; your Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Officer in Charge or Command Master Chief Petty Officer/ Chief of the Boat; or Chaplain. Find more information in  OPNAV Instruction 5350.4D.

If you still have questions related to medical, find a doctor or MTF using this locator. Or call your regional contractor:

Health Net Federal Services: 1-844-866-9378

Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445