View information and resources that support alcohol awareness and education related observances as well as upcoming events where you can catch the Own Your Limits team.
National Impaired Driving Prevention Month 2022 – December is an important time to talk to Service members about responsible drinking especially as it relates to impaired driving. Professionals can use Own Your Limits resources in support of National Impaired Driving Prevention Month and remind Service members that it’s important to have strategies in place to always make it home safely after drinking.
- Ready-to-use messaging. These ready-to-use messages and resources can complement your local efforts like social media outreach, plan of the day (POD)/plan of the week (POW) notes, newsletter articles, email communications, and more.
- Practice safe driving. One of the best ways to practice safe driving is to avoid driving under the influence of alcohol and other substances. Even if you have a couple drinks and think you’re OK to drive, it’s not worth the risk (or the hefty DUI cost!).
- Make a plan and stick to it. Avoid driving buzzed or drunk by having a solid plan for the ride home before you (or your buddy) start drinking. Plan ahead by choosing a designated driver or using a rideshare app to get home. If you have a DD, make sure they have the keys and don’t drink any alcohol.
- Protect your loved ones. Go the extra mile to make sure your buddies don’t drink and drive. Even one drink can harm someone’s safety, so encourage them to choose a safer method to get home.
- Driving buzzed IS driving drunk. Drinking even a little bit of alcohol makes it risky to drive. Learn your limits so you can make better decisions next time you go out for a drink.
- Own Your Limits social media. Promote the Own Your Limits social media channels to encourage Service members to drink responsibly. #OwnYourLimits
- Campaign videos. Check out and share the campaign videos, such as Drinking Too Much: How Alcohol Affects Your Brain and Body, to complement your efforts in helping Service members understand the importance of responsible drinking.
- Order free campaign materials. Order free campaign print and promotional materials in bulk to share with Service members.
Dry January 2023 (coming soon!)
- AMSUS (The Society of Federal Health Professionals): From February 13-16, 2023 the campaign team will host an exhibit featuring the Own Your Limits, YouCanQuit2, and Too Much to Lose campaigns at the AMSUS Annual Meeting exhibit hall. Stop by our booth to see some of our print and promotional materials and speak to the campaigns team.